Prior to registrationPlease bring your child and come visit us to see the cadets on parade. The officers are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the program. If you decide to register your child, please download and fill out the registration form (all forms are also found on our Forms & Publications page). This will save time during registration.
At registrationPlease bring the following for each child registering:
- Alberta Healthcare Number
- Medical information (medications, allergies, etc.)
- Birth certificate to confirm proof of identity and age
- Credit card, Debit or cash for Calgary Branch membership fee
- Parent or guardian proof of identity (may be driver’s license or other government issued identification)
Due to this being a registration night only, cadets are not to be in uniform and are to leave with their parents or guardians once the registration documents are completed.
LEGAL INFORMATIONALL INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS IS ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF ENROLLING A CADET IN THE NAVY LEAGUE PROGRAM AND IS PROTECTED UNDER APPLICABLE PRIVACY LEGISLATION.
Please note some changes to the Navy League of Canada Regulations effective September 2015:
- The Navy League Cadet Program is for youth from the age of 9 years old to 12 years old.
- To register for the current training year cadets who are 12 years old on 01 September 2015 can join a Sea, Army or Air Cadet program but not the Navy League Cadet Program. Cadets who turn 12 after 01 September can be Navy League Cadets.
- Navy League regulations do not allow for a Navy League Cadet to be a member of the Sea, Army or Air Cadets while they are a Navy League Cadet. They can belong to one or the other organization but not both.
- Our first parade night of the training year will be Thursday 17 September at 1830 hrs to 2100 hrs with returning cadets to be in full uniform. This will also be a registration night for returning or new cadets.
Too old to join Navy League Cadets?The Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps is for the 12-18 year old group.
CostNLCC Captain Jackson is sponsored by the Calgary Branch of the Navy League of Canada. Membership to the Calgary Branch is $100.00 per cadet per year (to a family maximum $200.00 per year).
We now offer payment by credit card (Mastercard or Visa) and Debit, in addition to cash. While we can accept personal cheques upon approval, to reduce costs we request that payment for memberships and additional activities be made in cash or by credit card / debit if possible.
The membership fees to Calgary Branch are used to cover the costs of administrating the Captain Jackson cadet program. Fees collected are used to provide insurance coverage for the cadets, uniform costs, and instructional aids, to name only a few. Activities are held throughout the year, such as outings, camps, roller skating, and a Christmas dinner. These activities are subsidized by funds raised through bingos and casino (attended by parent/guardians), as well as fun activities such as bottle drives attended by cadets and parents/guardians. Alternative fundraising efforts may be held throughout the year, such as SUTP book sales, Christmas wreath sales, and a march-a-thon.
NLCC Captain Jackson strives to have a major trip every three years with the focus being a “sea experience”. Extra funding may be needed that cadet year to offset the costs of the trip.
Please note that Navy League memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If you would like more information on the Calgary Branch or the Navy League of Canada please feel free to visit our office situated in the “old” Naval Museum or contact firstname.lastname@example.org